This is a multipurpose infrared sensor which can be used for obstacle sensing, color detection(between basic contrasting colors), fire detection, line sensing, etc and also as an encoder sensor. The sensor provides a digital ouput. The sensor outputs a logic one(+5V) at the digital output when an object is placed in front of the sensor and a logic zero(0V), when there is no object in front of the sensor. An onboard LED is used to indicate the presence of an object. This digital output can be directely connected to an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, AVR, PIC, Arduino Raspberry Pi 8051 or any other microcontroller to read the sensor output.
IR sensors are highly susceptible to ambient light and the IR sensor on this sensor is suitably covered to reduce effect of ambient light on the sensor. The sensor has a maximum range of around 40-50 cm indoors and around 15-20 cm outdoors. For maximum, range the onboard potentiometer should be used to calibrate the sensor. To set the potentiometer, use a screw driver and turn the potentiometer till the output LED just turns off.
- Arduino Raspberry Pi 8051 Can be used for obstacle sensing, color detection(between basic contrasting colors), fire detection, line sensing, etc and also as an encoder sensor
- Range of around 25 cm
- Input Voltage: 5V DC
- Comes with an easy to use digital output
- Can be used for wireless communication and sensing IR remote signals
- Sensor comes with ambient light protection
- The sensor a hole of 3mm diameter for easy mounting.
Your item will be carefully packed and dispatched within 24 hours (Mon-Fri) of receiving payment.
We use eBay Powership to dispatch orders. Orders are sent through leading courier services like FedEx, Bluedart, Aramex, DTDC and post office.